Choice of file systemAnyone who saves data wants to be able to read it correctly afterwards. This limits the choice of the file system to two candidates. Because only ZFS and btrfs guarantee data integrity thanks to internal checksums. Our choice falls on ZFS, because it runs on the Rapberry Pi 4 with 2, 4 or preferably 8 GB of RAM. With less than 8 GB of RAM, ZFS may not run optimally – you shouldn’t use deduplication.
- Access to all heise + content
- exclusive tests, advice & background: independent, critically well-founded
- Read c’t, iX, Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t photography directly in your browser
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, then 9.95 € per month
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief