The Pokémon GO Battle League Season 9 is scheduled to begin on Monday, August 30, 2021. The developers have made a huge list of changes for the upcoming season which includes the announcement of several cups, Battle leagues, balance changes, and a Ranking system.
New Changes in Pokémon GO Battle League Season 9
- The GO Battle Nights will be changed as GO Battle Days to accommodate more Trainers.
- On GO Battle Days, the maximum sets of battles you can play will be increased from 5 to 20, for a total of 100 battles.
- Players can gain a 4XStardust as win rewards.
The developers have guaranteed a battle against the following Pokémon at the various stages of their Rank career.
|1||Confirmed Encounter – Charizard Other Standard Encounters -Gothita, Solosis, Sableye, Charmeleon,|
|6 and up||Confirmed Encounter -Mienfoo|
|11 and up||Standard Encounters -Seismitoad, Drifblim, Rhydon, Litwick, and Frillish|
|16 and up||Standard Encounters -Snorlax, Scraggy, and Rufflet|
|20 and up||Any pokemon that are available for the five-star raids.|
|Veteran||Confirmed Encounter -Noibat|
|Legend||Confirmed Encounter -Pikachu Libre|
Rewards For Pokémon Go Battle League Season 9
- A Pikachu Libre Avatar will be rewarded to all players who reach Rank 3.
- To celebrate the winning
- At Rank 19, Trainers will receive An Elite Charged TM and an ELite fast TM at the end of the season.
- Rank-wise Rewards for this Season :
|Ace Rank||Reigning Champion Sport Glove|
|Veteran Rank||Leon’s Look Sport Cap|
|Expert Rank||Reigning Champion Sport Shorts|
|Legend Rank||Reigning Champion Sport Top|
Scheduled Leagues for Season 9
The following leagues will take place during Pokémon GO Battle League season 9. All the Matches in the League will start at 1:00 pm P.D.T on their respective dates.
|August 30- September 30||Great League, Great League Remix|
|September 13- September 27||Ultra League, Ultra League Remix|
|September 27 – October 11||Master League, Master League Classic, Little Jungle Cup|
|October 11 – October 25||Great League, Halloween Cup (starts from Oct 15)|
|October 25 – November 8||Ultra League, Ultra League Premier, Classic Halloween Cup (ends on Nov 2)|
|November 8 – November 22||Master League, Master League Premier Classic, Special Cup: Players’ Choice|
|November 22 – November 29||Great League, Ultra League Master League|
Scheduled Cups for Pokémon Go Battle League Season 9
The following cups will take place in the Upcoming Season 9.
Great League Remix
The Great League Remix will not feature the top 20 most used Pokémon in Ace Rank and up.
Banned Pokémon for the Competition
- Alolan Ninetales
- Alolan Marowak
- Galarian Stunfisk
- Defense Forme Deoxys
Ultra League Remix
The Ultra League Remix will not feature the top 10 most used Pokémon in Ace Rank and up.
Banned Pokémon for the Competition
- Alolan Muk
Little Jungle Cup
To participate in this cup, Trainers must fulfil the following conditions.
- Pokémon must be at or below 500CP.
- Pokémon may or not have evolved. It is not necessary to have a Pokémon that has evolved.
- Pokémon of type-Normal, Grass, Electric, Poison, Ground, Flying, Bug, and Dark will be allowed.
- Shuckle and Smeargle have been banned from the tournament.
- Pokémon must be at or below 1500CP to participate.
- Pokémon of type -Poison, Bug, Ghost, Dark, and Fairy will be allowed.
Special Cup: Player’s Choice
A community cup will be hosted by the developers through a polling system. The poll would be likely conducted through Twitter and more information will be announced on the page.
Dates and Time for the Competitions
- The Ultra League and Ultra League Remix: Saturday, September 18, 2021, from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. (PDT).
- The Ultra League, the Ultra League Premier Classic, and the Halloween Cup: Monday, November 1, 2021, from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. (PDT).
- The Master League, Master League Premier Classic, and Community Cup: Saturday, November 20, 2021, from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. (PDT).
Balance Changes and Move updates coming with Pokémon Go Battle League Season 9
The developers have made a big list of changes to various pokemon in terms of balance, new skills, and nerfs for the upcoming Season.
New Skills for Pokémon
The Following pokemon will be able to learn new skills and moves.
- Nidoking- Charged Attack Sand Tomb
- Cofagrigus-Fast Attack Shadow Claw
- Poliwrath-Charged Attack Scald
- Castform(normal)-Charged Attack normal-type Weatherall- New Move
- Heracross-Charged Attack Rock Blast
- Manectric- Charged Attack Overheat and Fast Attack Thunder Fang
Balance Changes For Attacks
- Megahorn-The attack will receive a slight damage boost. The base damage will be increased from 100 to 110(Trainer battles).
- Feather Dance- The energy cost of feather dance will be slightly increased to make it harder to use quite often(Trainer battles).
- Scald- The energy cost of Scald will be decreased and a new effect will also be added along with it. The new effect will provide the user a chance to reduce the damage numbers of attacking enemies(Trainer battles).
- Zap Cannon- A new effect will be added to the base move. The Effect will guarantee the user to lower the opposing Pokémon attack(Trainer battles).
- Weatherball- The move is receiving a nerf after being too efficient in serving as low energy Charged attack. The base damage will be reduced from 60 to 55(Trainer battles & Gym raids).
- Crunch- A new effect will be added to the base move. The effect will give the users a chance to low the defense numbers of the opposing pokemon.