Ready for iOS 14? Shazam is! You now have more ways to name that song. Use Shazam with Picture in Picture to find the music in a video. Want a faster way to Shazam? Set the new Back Tap feature to use a Shazam shortcut.
How picture in picture support works with ShazamTo use the new picture in picture supported sound recognition, you’ll need to use the Auto Shazam feature.
- After opening Shazam on version 13.25, long-press on the Shazam icon
- Now you can leave the app
- Shazam will auto recognize music even from videos when using picture in picture (you’ll see the red pill indicator in the top left corner that Shazam is listening for songs)
- Look for the banner alert to new songs being recognized and being added to your Shazam Library
- The auto Shazam also works when watching video inside apps like Safari, YouTube, etc.
How to set up Back Tap shortcut to Shazam songs
- If you haven’t already, open the Shortcuts app and add the Shazam Shortcut
- Now open the Settings app, swipe down and tap Accessibility
- Swipe down and tap Touch
- At the bottom, tap Back Tap, choose Double or Triple Tap
- Swipe to the bottom and tap Shazam shortcut
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.