The promises for CoD ?? Black Ops Cold WarManufacturer Activision and the development teams of Treyarch and Raven are of course launching a lot of new features and promises with a new game. Here some examples.
- Clandestine Operators: Players individualize secret operations with a classified past. Doesn’t mean much else than players working in organizations known from the Cold War: CIA, MI6, KGB and so on.
- Player Immersion: Narrative elements based on historical operations should be built into the multiplayer mode. The multiplayer story takes place years after the campaign story.
- Cold War Globetrotting: Players are dropped in locations around the world ?? international and with many different facets. The Black Sea, the deserts of Angola, the neon-laden streets of Miami Beach, and urban Moscow are just a few examples. What should promote variety, variable play styles and much more.
- All-New Modes: New modes are called “Tactical 6v6 VIP Escort”, “12v12 Combined Arms” or “Fireteam” for 40 players. “Fireteam” means: ten teams compete in groups of four on large maps with land, sea and air vehicles with different goals. “Fireteam” promises a sandbox with many paths to many goals. One mode of this type is called “Dirty Bomb” and will be introduced in the coming weeks.
- Black Ops Map Design: The maps range from the tiny, narrow map with just three streets to open spaces and large-format areas for infantry and vehicle battles.
7 imagesTo the picture gallery