Getting StartedThe Earth is conquered by a robotic army and warped by a biomechanical virus known as The Punishing result in the extinction of humankind. The last survivors have escaped the orbit. After years of preparation, the Gray Raven Special Forces unit leads the mission to reclaim their lost homeworld. In this whole mission, the player is the leader who creates the powerful soldiers and battles to reclaim their land.
In this game, the players will experience features like:
- Directly control the squad members in real-time 3D battles where players can master each character’s special moves.
- Explore the ruined world and take the battle against the Corrupted to harsh polar battlefields and even beyond Earth’s gravity in a continually expanding cinematic story.
- Explore stunning soundtrack from ambient, atmospheric tracks to pounding drum and bass.
Punishing Gray Raven Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
1. Understand the Constructs
In Punishing: Gray Raven, players have to unlock many different characters, which is called constructs. The character’s main goal is to obey the orders and defeat opponents and have unique skills, stats, styles, and properties. Despite the difference, they land into one of these three categories:
- Attacker: These types of characters have huge offensive potential and have the specialty to deal more damage in a shorter time.
- Tank: These types of characters trade in the offence for good survivability. They are strong with the skills to absorb much damage without falling.
- Support: These types of characters are buffers and healers whose main purpose is to support their team.
2. Know when to upgrade and gear charactersNow that players know about the Constructs, they should consider focusing on the significant resources required to unleash their full potential. There are several ways to upgrade the characters in this game, which requires specific resources depending on the type of upgrade:
- Upgrade: For levelling up their characters, players can use construct Exp. pods in the section to level them and increase their stats in the process.
- Promote: Now that characters have fulfilled certain conditions, players can now invest resources to promote them and increase their stats permanently while adding a white star to their rank per promotion.
- Evolve: In this section, players can use character shards to evolve their characters permanently while increasing their rank and elevating their potential.
- Skill: Players can use Cogs to commit their character’s skill points to specific skills, increasing their effectiveness in combat.
Apart from these upgrades, players can provide characters with memories. These memories can grant different bonuses, depending on the type and the slot in which players equip them. Aside from memories, characters also handle different weapons, which also come in different types and qualities. Players have to focus on these tips to prevent damage.
3. Complete all the Quests and MissionsEvery game has a path to follow, such as missions, tasks, objectives, quests, or more. These quests provide bonuses and rewards, which help players to move forward in the game.
Rookie missionsIt is a 7-day event with a one-time limit. Newbies with enough gear and resources can start these missions and earn rewards to level up their game.
The Mentor-student system is a great way through which players can improve the power of the heroes. Whenever players choose mentors, they automatically give a list of objectives attached to this bond. After players complete the mission, the students receive rewards, and one of the rewards can be memories up to 5* in rarity.
These tasks are divided into two categories:
- Stage Missions: If players level up to 45, they receive six memories and five weapons. There are other tasks as well, such as Warzone, Pain cage, guild-boss stage, Weekly bounty chests, Student Missions. Players will only receive the reward if they complete the mission at one time.
- Assignments: Players will receive six weapons up to reach level 45. Other tasks include Memory Rescue 10, Get an SSS character, One Hero liberation, Complete stronghold 3-3, Reach 1 million in level 80-120 Pain cage
Daily missionsThese missions appear on a daily basis, which includes Logging in each day, Spending stamina, Completing co-op mode at least once, Spending one black card, and Completing Pain cage 3x.
Weekly missionsThese missions appear on a weekly basis, which includes Completing Warzone 1-12x, Completing Pain cage 1-12x, 200,000 points in Pain cage, 200,000 points in Warzone, and Sparring with guild boss 3x.
These missions include Boss Mission on Chaos Difficulty (Pain Cage) and Upgrading Dorm Furniture Once.
AffectionThe affection mechanic is for the players who want additional information about the heroes like voice lines, juicy secrets, and a bit more about their affection story. Players can purchase these gifts to increase their affection for the Heroines.
These warzone mechanics force players to go out for an adventure during different weathers like Fire, Lightning, and more. In the Warzone missions, players can do only one type of weather mission during that day and other types of weather cycles on the next day. In this Mechanics, players have to go through three stages
Players have to complete the simple task of killing their opponents, which will lead to slowly depleting their health. The second and third rounds have the same task. Instead of bleeding, players have to kill as many enemies in 2 minutes. That means the higher the number of monsters players kill, the more score and rewards they will receive.
In the pain cage mechanics, players have to fight with a group of 3 monsters each cycle. This mode will reward players with the fastest finish and health.
4. Utilise the in-game Currencies efficientlyIn the game there are three types of currency:
Black cards are the premium currency in Punishing Gray Raven, which is used to summon all banners. In this game, every banner needs that currency, in which black cards are convertible. Players can inefficiently use this black card for many purposes like stamina.
In each month, how many black cards player can use. There are two types:
1. Free to play
Players will get 1210 black cards each week. In a month, they will get 4840 black cards by event, story, and compensation.
2. Monthly cards
The monthly cards cost five dollars per month. The game will provide players with 365 black cards to purchase the monthly card. It will also provide an extra 100 black cards every day for the next 30 days. If the player gets the monthly card, their monthly total will be 9000 black cards, which is more than enough for any player to get a hand on the new characters.
How to buy characters and weapons with the black cardsTo buy a new S rank character, players need 15000 black cards. That means fully F2P players can get all these characters if they play it wisely. Additionally, there are A-rank and signature weapons as well, so use the black cards wisely.
Pulling currency means the currency from which players can pull out the banners. These currencies can be distinguished as follows:
- Self-Select banners represents Blue cards
- Starter Weapon represents Red cards
- Rotational Banners represents Yellow cards
- Event Banners represents Normally yellow but event currency when applicable
- Compositor Banner represents Yellow cards
- Every Banner represents Black cards.
Rainbow CurrencyRainbow Currency is the same as the premium currency, which players can purchase through real cash. Players can use these rainbow cards to produce unique skins, effects bundles, and other premium goods. Players can also convert them into black cards to pull on some characters.
Punishing Gray Raven guide: Best characters ranked
Best characters in Punishing Gray Raven
The following are the overview of the best champions in Punishing Gray raven that ranks characters in these Tiers S tier(best), A Tier(good), B Tier(average), C Tier (not good).
Tier S (best)
- Kamui Dark Energon is a tank-type S Class character with an energy coefficient of 50% PHY, 50%Dark. His speciality is Mixed Damage (Able to inflict PHY and Elemental DMG), Form (Switch: Signature move can switch attacking forms).
- Liv La Paix is a support-type S Class character with an energy coefficient of 100% PHY. His specialty is Heal (has ally healing skills), Members Damage Reduction (Signature move can reduce the damage taken by allies)
- Lee Random is an attacker-type S Class character with an energy coefficient of 100% PHY. His speciality is Combo (easy to deal high combo DMG), PHY DMG (Skill combinations are powerful).
- Karenina Ember is an attacker-type S Class character with an energy coefficient of 30% PHY, 70% Fire. Specialty in Melee (has strong area attack ability), Mixed DMG (able to deal PHY and elemental DMG).
- Nanami Pulse is a tank-type S Class character with an energy coefficient of 50% PHY, 50% Fire. Speciality in Mixed Damage (able to deal PHY and elemental damage), Resistance Reduction (able to reduce primary resistance of enemies).
Tier A (good)
- Bianca Zero is an attacker-type A-Class character with an energy coefficient of 100% PHY. Speciality in Duel (has strong single ATK ability), Energy Boost (has a shorter cooldown time)
- Karenina Blaster is an attacker-type A-Class character with an energy coefficient of 80% PHY, 20% Fire. Speciality in Mixed Damage (able to deal PHY and elemental DMG), Form Switch (Signature move can switch attacking forms).
- Watanabe Pulsatina is an attacker-type A-Class character with an energy coefficient of 100% PHY. Speciality in Duel (has strong single attack ability), Backstab (attacks the back deal extra damage).
- Lucia Dawn is an attacker-type A-Class character with an energy coefficient of 40% PHY, 60% Lightning. Speciality in Duel (has strong single attack ability), Mixed DMG (able to deal PHY and elemental DMG).
- Liv Lux is a support-type A-Class character with an energy coefficient of 20% PHY, 80% Lightning. Speciality in HEAL (has healing skills), Mixed DMG (able to deal PHY and elemental DMG)
Punishing Gray Raven guide: Tips and tricks for the Banners
Just like other RPGs Punishing: Gray Raven game have a gacha system for players to pull their characters name as Banners.
How Banners work in Punishing Gray RavenIn the game, players need to spend at least 250 of the game’s premium currency to pull from the banners. Here banners are categorized for hero champions, weapons (red cards), self-select (blue cards), event (yellow cards), composite (yellow cards), or some rotational items (yellow cards). Banners also have a pity hit, which means if players haven’t pulled a hit in XX pulls, the next pull will be a guaranteed hit for the player.
The following are the 6 different types of Banners
1. Newbie BannerPlayers with the newly registered account will have the option to replace the self-select banner with a newbie banner. Here players get one guarantees pity hit at a limit of 40 pulls. After players use this pity hit, the newbie banner will vanish, and the self-select banner will take its place.
2. Banner Pity
In equipment banners, the maximum number for the pity to activate is 30, and for pulling the hero, players need 80-100 pity levels. Similarly, for different banners, different pity levels are required. For the compositor banner, the pity level is 10, and for rotational banners, the pity level is lower, which is carried over to the next banners. It happens because of the Gacha system, which means the higher the limit of the pity, the higher the rate of pulling a higher rarity character.
3. Regular BannersRegular banners are where players pull a new structure from the given 40 summons after finishing the tutorial stages as a customary reward prevalent in Gacha games. In other banners, A-rank or above construction guaranteed 10 attempts, while S-Rank constructs guaranteed 60 attempts. This is the way to stimulate players to pull for a character and get the featured Raven with the pity system on that banner.
4. S Rank Debut BannersIn these banners, players will only get S rank banners that are debuting after the player pull the S rank unit. The minimum chance to pull out an A rank unit is 1 per 10 pulls.
5. Rotating BannerRotation Banners can change their focus unit every two weeks with a 70 percent chance to get featured on the S rank pull. Players can choose one of the two characters that are on the cover of the banners. These Banner can also have a non-starting list of characters to give a chance to pick up missed S-Ranks.
6. Focused Weapon BannerThe highest weapon rarity in Punishing Gray Raven is six stars. For the standard Banners, players can pick the weapon they want to focus on with an 80 percent chance of getting it. While for the first banners, players get 30 pulls, which means after 30 pulls, the players will get a 6-star weapon.
Punishing Gray Raven Guide: How to level up fast to reach level 40
In Punishing: Gray Raven, players have to reach level 40 as soon as possible to experience the powerful content. Here are the steps that will make it easy for the players:
1. Watch more and more TutorialsThere are a lot of mechanics behind this game that players have to learn about the game like fighting with the Alpha at the beginning. It is one of the difficult fights designed for the player to lose. So take the time and understand the game properly to utilize the resources.
2. Select the S-Tier class
S-tier class has the best characters that help boost the teams and game. For the newbie, t’s better to focus more on gaining S-tier class character and make that a part of the team.
3. Focus more on gaining rewards
Doing daily rewards can help players get more of the black cards, which will help players to unlock more content. The benefits are that players can get more power, memories, stamina, and more to enhance the game.
To sum up, Punishing: Gray Raven is an excellent 3D action RPG game with lots of exciting features for gamers. Starting from the Housing system (the Dorm), Affection, Guild system, A mentor-student system, Gacha system, this game mostly depends on the Banner and offers many more. It also takes players to explore the world where technology has taken over mankind.That’s all for today’s Punishing Gray Raven Beginners Guide. Did you find our Punishing Gray Raven beginners guide useful? Do let us know in the comments below! For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.