Of all the generic tower defense games out there, Mega Tower has managed to stand out the most with its innovative take on the tower defense genre. In simple terms, the tower defense genre games have primarily one objective: Construct your tower with several weapons, contraptions, and upgrades to continuously fend off waves of enemies. Your towers should be well balanced and positioned optimally to perfectly defend yourself. Mega Tower is a simple game to grab, play and understand but oftentimes for new players, the plethora of game modes, countless currencies, and tower formation, upgrades, and whatnots can seem like a tedious task. Hence here is our detailed bite-sized Mega Tower beginners guide for an easier understanding of the game mechanics Mega Tower is about space exploration and colonization where the towers are a cluster of rockets shooting off from one planet to the other after colonization. You will face off enemies spawning in your inhabiting planet to stop you in your tracks. Your mission is to defend yourself for 10 phases until colonization is complete. Mega Tower has taken a non-traditional approach to design its plot. Although it is not complicated definitely stands out from most tower defense game plots, which are generally protecting your fortress or castle from invaders.When you progress through the game, you will unlock more slots, Turrets, Titans, and Skills. Titans and Turrets are automated, so they require little to no maneuver but Skills need to be activated manually. The skills have a cooldown period so use them wisely when you are in a pinch.Tip: Your Main Tower has the highest firepower of all the weapons and turrets, so aim for the enemy that has the highest HP to take it down before it damages your towers.Skills are another important cornerstone of the Mega Tower gameplay and play a tide-turning role during intense moments. These skills are non-offensive powers with a cooldown time. They do not directly inflict damage on the enemy but will provide you with a handicap to win a phase with fewer casualties.Titans are mobile units that are stationed nearby the towers. It has two roles: Act as a tank to take damage and to act as a distraction. They have decent firepower and wide mobility.[ad_2] https://gamingonphone.com/guides/mega-tower-beginners-guide-and-tips/
Colonization: Once you have explored a region, you will see a “Colonization” option pop up in different places of the planet. Colonization allows you to gain coins and upgrading materials on an hourly basis. To colonize an area, you must play 4 stages of increasing difficulty on that colonization spot. The higher the degree of colonization, the higher the income you can generate from each colony. After successful colonization, there will be a progress bar that will show how much resources have been generated and you can collect it from there. You can also Construct a colony to make it generate larger amounts of shards and other upgrade materials per hour.
The modules of the Union each serve a different purpose. In this Mega Tower Beginners Guide, we have shared a detailed explanation of all the modules is right below:Flash sales sell coins, keys, and all sorts of materials at a discounted rate in exchange for Gems. The Black Market sells higher level materials as compared to Flash Sales but has limited items, it requires VIP access (which can be unlocked by doing specific tasks) to unlock more items in the store. Free goods are self-explanatory: you watch ads, you get a free item. Lastly, Gem/Crystal/Coin shops basically allow you to buy those respective items in exchange for real money.Outer space is crammed with asteroids, rocky bodies, and other mysterious items, Mine Field puts out a radar to locate nearby mines which contain unknown materials to salvage. By deploying your Dragger, an exploration vehicle, you can set it out to explore and mine a certain location, which will return after a certain amount of time and will deposit the ore in the Ore Warehouse. You have to tap the ore to salvage what unknown materials it holds.Among several currencies, there are 2 specific currencies for Chest unlocking: Keys and Crystals but you can use gems to unlock Star Chests but only for the10 item purchase option. Keys are used to purchasing Star Chests while Crystals are used to purchase Artifact Chests.Artifact is items that enhance your specific tower stats. They are very rarely and randomly found from rewards but you can get them from the Chest Portal. Purchase Artifact Chests that drop Artifacts. They have 4 levels of rarity, from common to rarest: Normal, Rare, Epic and Legendary.Once the wormhole opens, all players can attack the boss. It is ranked according to the damage caused to the boss. The higher the damage, the higher the ranking and the greater rewards you get. You can attack the Boss 3 times in each wormhole session and will receive 10 Crystals and 2000 coins upon each attempt. After the leaderboard resets, you will receive Crystals and keys according to your rank, you can earn as high as 1000 Crystals and 6 keys.The season system presents you with a set of luxurious rewards to receive as you progress through and earn season stars, which can be earned from completing Missions. To receive a higher amount of rewards for each completion, you can purchase the battle pass that will gain you access to premium rewards and goodies. That’s all for today folks! Go ahead and give it a try and if you are finding trouble, don’t hesitate to fall back to this The Mega Tower Beginners Guide and Tips! That’s all for today’s Mega Tower beginners guide. Did you find our Mega Tower beginners guide helpful? Do let us know in the comments! For more Mobile Gaming news and updates, join our WhatsApp group, Telegram Group, or Discord server. Also, follow us on Google News, Instagram, and Twitter for quick updates.
Gameplay OverviewYou will initially have a single tower, called the Main Tower, and this is the only tower that requires manual control. To win a level, you must eliminate all the enemies mentioned in the upper-right corner within the given timeframe. Just for the Main Tower, you have to tap on the enemy you want to eliminate, other turrets work automatically and do not require any interaction. You should focus your Main Tower on bulky enemies with higher HP since the Main Tower has higher attack power, it can eliminate that enemy easily.
Mega Tower Beginners Guide: Tips and Tricks
1. Master the Defensive structures and abilitiesMega Tower being a tower defense game primarily has numerous defensive structures to add to your arsenal. In our Mega Tower Beginners Guide, we have shared the basics of each structure and how they can help fortify your defense.
TurretThey are automated towers that surround the Main tower. These turrets are of 3 classes: Single Attack – Group Attack – Supporting.
- Single Attack: These turrets have a fast fire rate and are responsible for rapidly taking out fodder enemies. They attack one enemy unit at a time, thus its name.
- Group Attack: They deal AoE damage on a cluster of enemies, making it easier to take out fodders in one strike. But the downside of this turret is that it has a low fire rate, so it fails to hit fast moving enemies.
- Supporting: These turrets don’t deal damage themselves but instead deploy troops on the ground that fend off enemy units. The deployable unit system makes it effective to deal with multiple enemies at the same time.
Main TowerThe main tower is the most important tower of them all and holds the key to both victory and defeat. This is the tower you begin the journey with and if your Main Tower collapses, you’ll be defeated. The Main Tower can be equipped with one weapon and it requires manual control to activate.
2. Know your EnemiesThere are lots of varieties of enemies in the game, each with different attack dynamics and mechanics. You will find the list of common enemies below and tips to deal with them:
- Whirly: They are the weakest enemies in the game. But they are annoying further down the phases as they cluster around in large groups and provide cover for stronger enemy units. They can attack ranges from short to medium distance.
- Fighter-I: They are similar to Whirlys but having higher speed makes it difficult to shoot down and they often reach the towers. These pesky fighters deal damage from a short-range, so don’t let them come near the towers.
- The Reaper: They have considerably high health and they shoot missiles from a long range. If you ignore them for a good while, you’ll put your towers in serious danger.
- Reaper shield: They are the Reapers but with a powerful shield. They cannot be damaged unless their shield has been torn down first.
- Vulture: They are flying enemy units, therefore making them impervious to Group Attack Turrets, Supporting Turret units, and Titan. Single Attack Turrets can attack them but they will be distracted by ground units. To take them down, you must use your Main Tower. They have high health so urgently eliminate them.
- Bat: They are the flying version of Fighter-I, but with considerably higher health. What makes them deadly is their rapid-fire rate due to which they can destroy towers bit by bit very fast. They are also very efficient at taking down The Shield skill. They’ll be dealt with by Single attack turrets, but it’s better to use the Main Tower.
- Tank: The most terrifying of them all and usually appears at the end of each phase in a zone. They have ridiculously high health that makes it difficult to take down even with the Main Tower and it periodically shoots powerful missiles that deal heavy damage. Once you sight the Tank, you must immediately engage it before it starts shooting you down.
3. Understand the planet systemThe game’s most fascinating aspect is this planet system. You start your journey on the moon and as you pass the phases of the moon, you slowly explore it until you are done with the whole planet. Finishing explorations unlock a new facet of the game that allows the player to passively gain rewards and upgrade materials.
4. Currencies and Materials are important aspect of the gameYou will encounter so many exchangeable materials found from rewards in this game that it’s rather daunting. There are several currencies while others are simply upgrading materials. Below, you will discover which currency and Materials are used for what purpose:
- Coin: Most basic currency in the game. Used for purchasing turret shards in the Merging section.
- Key: Used to Unlock Star chests.
- Gems: Used to buy materials from the Exchange Shop and unlock Star Chest.
- Crystals: Used to unlock Artifact Chests.
- Random Main Tower Shards: Gives you a random amount of Main tower chips and crystals.
- Main Tower chip: Used to upgrade your Main tower.Main Tower crystal: Used to advance your Main Tower.
- Random Turret Shards: Gives you a random amount of Turret crystals and Advanced Turret crystals.
- Turret Crystals: Used to upgrade your turret tower.
- Advanced Turret Crystals: Used to advance your turret tower.
- Random Skill Shards: Gives you a random amount of skill element and Advanced Skill element.
- Skill Element: Used to upgrade your skill.
- Advanced Skill Element: Used to advance your skill.
- Random Titan Shards: Gives you a random amount of Titan chips and Advanced Titan chips.
- Titan Chip: Used to upgrade your Titan.
- Advanced Titan Chip: Used to advance your Titan.
- Thrust Module: Used to upgrade Dragger
- Screw Spike: Used to upgrade port.
- Advanced Screw Spike: Used to advance port.
- Merge Grid Shard: Allows larger room for merging turret shards.
5. Upgrade your base carefullyUpgrades are very self-explanatory and require very little guidance, but the Turret shard merging can be a bit troublesome to grasp so let’s go over its basics:
Turret MergingAs you tap on the Edit button on your Battle Section, you will be taken to have a closer look at your towers. You will notice several slots in your battle station, while some are locked they can be unlocked as you earn slot shards from rewards. You can not just put any turret in those slots, the slots are each reserved for a specific turret class. In the edit section, there will be an empty spot where you can purchase turret cards in exchange for coins. When you buy turret merge shards, a random turret merge shard with a 1-star rating will appear. You can buy multiple as long as you have coins, after purchasing a decent amount of them you can merge two of the same turret shards with the same amount of stars to make one turret shard of a higher star rating. For example: If you have 2 Howitzers of 3-star rating, you can merge them to form 1 Howitzer of 4-star rating and so on. Once the shard reaches a star level that matches a turret on the battle station, you can drag and drop to directly upgrade that turret. There is a Recycle and Replace option that allows you to merge green turrets to form one blue turret of a higher star.
6. The UnionThe union is a hovering space station with several modules attached to it. Although in the infancy of the game, most of the modules are locked away, therefore, limiting you to focus only on the battle. This is important because to progress the game, you need to complete 10 phases in a planet and move to another which newbie players often fail to realize.
Exchange ShopRemember the magenta-colored gems and red crystals you have acquired from those countless battles? Well, you must have used the coins to perhaps upgrade your towers but those gems and crystals were of no use till now. This is because, unlike coins and shards, gems and crystals are not tower upgrade materials. They are currencies for which you can buy shards, upgrade cards, and materials at the Exchange Shop. The Exchange shop refreshes every day, bringing new materials to buy. There are 5 sections in the Exchange shop: Flash Sales, Black Market, Free goods, Gem/Crystal Shop, and Coin Shop.
Material Conversion PointThis module is intimately linked with the Mine Field module, and without it, this module would be useless. Out of the ores mined in the Mine Field, you will receive certain items in plentiful amounts such as Green Refining Ore, etc. Some of these materials cannot be used directly and instead using the Material Converter, you can generate other resources from them after a certain amount of time.
Chest PortalIf you have played Gacha games, you know how the slot-machine like purchasing works. If you are not familiar, the system can be best described as a slot machine where you enter some currency to get random items in return, if lucky you will get very good items.
WormholeThe wormhole allows you to engage in Boss Combat against a super powerful boss. Your objective should be to deal the most damage as possible.
Star WarThis is another unique game mode available in this game. Unlike other modes, this mode allows PvP battles between your and the opponent’s towers in raids. In the star war system, you will see the planets separated yet interconnected into 3 factions. You will be surrounded by your ally faction while you can navigate to an enemy faction and attack the enemy player. You can fight against players of other factions with your allies, occupy more planets to obtain more resources. After winning the battle, you can obtain occupation progress and if it reaches more than 70% then you can occupy the entire planet. Each planet will regularly produce resources that are distributed through “Faction Supply” and only planets connected to the occupied ones can be attacked.
7. Join a GuildThis is quite the familiar system in most online games nowadays. A guild, in simple terms, is a squad that you can make or someone else makes that people can join and participate in battles together, chat together and also earn rewards together. Guilds in Mega Tower have some unique features other than chat and viewing members of the guild. Tech and Shop are two of the other sections of the guild. Every day, you can sign in to your guild for rewards that give you Crystals, Guild Exp, Guild Tech points, and Guild coins. In the Tech section, you will see a list of upgrades and features available for purchase with Guild Tech points. And the shop section works just like the Exchange Shop, but you have to use Guild coins to purchase items.
8. Collect rewards timelyThe best thing about Mega Tower is that there are a LOT of rewards to get for simply completing tasks so the game never comes to a halt. Below you will find the list of sections from which you can get rewards:
- 7-Day Pack
- Colony Rewards
- Turret Rewards
- Main Tower Rewards
- Merging Rewards
- Skill Rewards
- Titan Rewards
- Material Conversion Rewards
- Mine Field Rewards
- Progressing the phases
- Moving to new planets