- Fast work pace
- Also suitable for simple games with reduced detail reproduction
- Works very quietly and economically even under full load
- Compact design
- Fast WLAN-ax
- Moderate upgrade options
- Memory card reader missing
Medion Akoya P66089 in the test: nice and compact
No run-of-the-mill frontUnique: the front of the device has a removable Plexiglas panel. Motifs can be placed behind it, like the one included in the picture above. But it can also be self-designed pictures. These can be made, for example, by Medion’s partner Caseable for 20 euros, a voucher for 5 euros is included in the package.
Comet Lake S CPU, GTX 1650But these are externals. Much more important is what is in the new Aldi PC Medion Akoya P66089.
- Processor: The engine of the Akoya is the six-coreProcessor Core i5-10400, which Intel only presented in the second quarter of 2020.
- Random access memory: The processor is supported by a working memory of 8 gigabytes, which is not lavish but sufficient.
- SSD: The Medion has an M.2 SSD for programs and data? with a fast PCI-Express 3.0 connection, but only effectively 477 gigabytes of memory. That’s okay, nothing more.
- Graphic card: The image reproduction is not done by the graphics chip housed in the CPU, but a separate graphics card from Zotac ?? Equipped with Nvidia’s entry-level graphics processor Geforce GTX 1650.
- network: The Medion goes into the network wirelessly using fast WLAN-ax, but optionally also via network cable.
Gaming PC without any claim
Power supply with only 250 watts
Manageable upgrade options
Quiet and economical representativeOn the other hand, the Medion works pleasantly quietly in the factory condition: In normal operation, its fans are hardly audible at all, but under full load? however, they do not torment its users with miserably loud rotation noises. In addition, the Medion works really economically: On average, the Aldi PC approved just under 42 watts? a good value.
Intel Core i5-10400
Zotac GeForce GTX 1650
|random access memory||
8 gigabytes DDR4
477 GB PCIe-SSD M.2 Phison E12-512-PHISON-SSD-B27-BB1
|Tempo with Office / Tempo in video editing||
very fast (80.7%) / fast (64.3%)
Games with 1920 x 1080 pixels (DX 11/12))
still okay (83/31 frames per second)
|Noises (office / video / full load / games)||
very quiet (0.3 / 0.3 / 1.5 / 1.5 sone)
Power consumption: normal / maximum /
in the mix per year (electricity costs)
41.6 watts / 185.5 watts / 98.03 kWh (25.23 euros)
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A, 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x audio input, 1 x audio output, 1 x HDMI, 2 x DP, 1 x network
WLAN-ac (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0
|Using the keyboard / using the mouse||
somewhat uncomfortable (functional, somewhat short stroke, spongy keystroke) / comfortable (simple standard version, somewhat light)