There are numerous providers of map material for integration into their own websites. As is so often the case, Google is at the top with its maps. Microsoft provides an interesting alternative with Bing Maps. In addition, there is OpenStreetMaps with its free offer. Because of the high entry costs, we are only briefly presenting Apple’s offer here.
In this article you will learn how you can use the offers for your own website, which requirements you have to meet and what costs you will have to face.
Google Maps services
Google summarizes its range of maps in a total of three categories: Maps for displaying static and dynamic maps, routes for traffic finding and Places for location data. To use these services, you need a free Google developer account, in which you have to save a payment method. All you need is a simple Google account, which you can expand accordingly. At the beginning, call the Google Cloud Platform and switch from there to the console using the button at the top right.
- Access to all heise + content
- exclusive tests, advice & background: independent, critically well-founded
- Read c’t, iX, Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t photography directly in your browser
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, thereafter € 12.95 per month
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start FREE month
Start your FREE month now
Already subscribed to heise +?
Sign up and read
Register now and read articles right away
More information about heise +