And yes, progression will carry over.
People Can Fly (Painkiller, Gears of War, Bulletstorm franchises) are about to unveil their new IP Outriders thanks to a free demo that arrives today. In, like, about an hour. Whoa.
Distributed by Square Enix, Outriders sends one to three players on a dangerous journey to planet Enoch in a familiar team-based setup that features co-op RPG shooter elements. It was previously announced for a wide release on February 2nd, but that’s been delayed to April 1st (no foolin’.) The Demo, however, arrives today at noon ET; we’ve got more details on how to access it below.
You can get up to speed on all things Outriders before the game arrives by checking out the title’s official page. You’ll get a glimpse of the four unique classes you’ll get to choose from in order to build your favorite character loadout (or, you know, fire up four separate saves to take advantage of each class.) Here’s the official synopsis:
Outriders is a 1-3 player co-op RPG shooter set in an original, dark and desperate sci-fi universe. As mankind bleeds out in the trenches of Enoch, you’ll create your own Outrider and embark on a journey across the hostile planet.
The following thread from the official Outriders Twitter account has everything you need to know about the demo (“not a Beta”) release, but we’ll unpack it for you as well:
Everything you need to know about the Outriders Demo.
A Thread. 👇
— Outriders (@Outriders) February 18, 2021
- The Demo is free and no purchase or pre-order is required to play it
- The Demo will release at noon ET today
- You can play it on PS4 / PS5, Xbox One / Xbox Series X|S, PC: Steam & streaming with NVIDIA GeForce NOW; no Switch or Stadia availability at the moment
- Having a PS+ subscription will make the demo download more seamless for PS players
- Demo size ranges from 22GB minimum for consoles and 24GB minimum for PC players, with larger file sizes possible after decompression; no pre-loading however
- Crossplay will be enabled but will be in beta form and needs to be manually enabled in settings
- No time limits; play it any time after noon ET today all the way up to and even beyond launch, barring any potential downtime for patches or updates
- Playable content includes the game’s prologue and opening chapter with relatively low-level enemies and gear available; after the first boss battle, side missions open up, allowing you to go back and explore further
- All 4 character classes will be available, along with 6 characters lots, which encourages players to experiment with every type of build
- Level cap for the demo is set at 7, allowing for 4 attainable abilities and 2 skill points for use on the skill tree; mixing and matching all of the above is encouraged
- Difficulty maxes out at World Tier 5 where there’s a greater chance for higher-level loot drops; Legendary drop rates are still “extremely low” and overall resources will be capped to preserve balancing while progressing over to the main game at launch
- Resources used for crafting and trading, which will open up in the main game, but you can save them from the demo
- Progress from demo to main game will transfer if you stay on the same platform (PlayStation, Xbox, Steam), but will not transfer from Steam (Demo) to Epic Store (full game); no trophies or achievements in the demo, but “accolades” will transfer with progress
- Feel free to stream the demo with no restrictions! HOWEVER, there’s a trailer at the end of the demo that contains licensed music, so be sure to mute/avoid to steer clear of DMCA
He returns to Netflix after helming its blockbuster ‘Red Notice’ starring Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynods.
About The Author