The simple and clean news reader Headlines for iPhone and iPad is out today with a nice update that makes its widgets more useful, brings iPad UI enhancements, offers smart group management, and more.
Headlines for iOS is a news reader that offers seamless feed discovery and management and useful features like iCloud sync, dark mode, and 6 widgets to choose from.
Version 2 of the app launched today and one of the most interesting new features is the ability for widgets to hide articles that you’ve already read.
Along with that, Headlines 2 brings in-app article browsing, the option to manage smart groups, feeds, and tags, a better UI for iPad, and more.
Headlines is a free download for iPhone and iPad with an in-app purchases available to unlock unlimited feeds, mute filters, alternate icons, instant translation, and tags for $1.99/month, $9.99/year, or $24.99 for a lifetime license.
Say hello to Headlines 2! Here’s what’s new:
• In-app article browsing.
• Manage smart groups, feeds and tags from the new home screen.
• Widgets can now hide articles you’ve already read.
• iPad user interface improvements.
• You can now open articles in your default browser (e.g. Safari).
• Alternate icons for Headlines+ users.
• Default theme overriding.
• Bug fixes and memory management improvements.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.