The Fortnite v18.10 patch adds a ton of content to the game, and here are the latest patch notes!
This week’s Fortnite update is a massive one adding a ton of new content. There are new weapons, characters, and an upcoming POI similar to Tilted Towers.
As well, Epic Games has made some changes to Fortnite Season 8’s XP system. This season’s Super Styles have been revealed and can now be unlocked. And there’s a bunch of new Toona Fish styles that can be earned.
All of these changes and more are detailed in the Fortnite v18.10 Patch Notes below.
Table of Contents
Fortnite Season 8 Super Styles and XP Changes
The v18.10 Patch Notes added the Fortnite Season 8 Super Styles. As well, this update made some major changes to the XP system. Players haven’t been happy with this season’s XP, and Epic promised to make the necessary changes with this update.
The Cubes have corrupted even the Battle Pass! (But in a good way.) Bonus Styles for Chapter 2 Season 8 Outfits have been available for players who progress past Level 100. But now: this Season’s Super Level Styles have been added! Progress past Level 140 this Season and start unlocking new runic Styles for Charlotte, Kor, Fabio Sparklemane, J.B. Chimpanski, and Torin.
To help you get there, we’ve made improvements to XP earned through Battle Royale:
- XP earned from your Daily Punchcard missions has been greatly increased.
- We’ve added XP to all Shared Quests. (They still reward Bars too.)
- All new and future Character Punchcards have substantially increased XP rewards.
- Weekly Punchcard XP has been slightly reduced. This was done to lessen the setback of not completing them.
New “Tilted Towers” POI
Players have been asking Epic to add Tilted Towers back to Fortnite for several seasons. Well, the actual Tilted Towers may not be returning, but Epic Games is adding a new large POI that is similar.
According to leaker HYPEX, Fortnite will add a new POI called Cube Town. Its a very large city-style POI with lots of loot chest spawns.
Fortnite v18.10 New Weapons and Items
Epic Games added a few new weapons and items to this update as well. The OG Chug Splashes have returned alongside a new variant called the Chili Chug Splash. The Chili Chug Splash functions the same way as the OG, but it also gives players a speed boost.
As well, the Dual Fiend Crossbows are making their debut. The Fortnite Season 8 trailer showed off these dual-wielded crossbows. However, they are now in-game.
Even more Toona Fish styles
New Toona Fish Quest Styles have been added! Ink up your Toona Fish with new Styles inspired by even more of your favorite Fortnite characters. Complete themed Quests to copy Mancake’s drip, resemble regular Fishstick, and more. With 20 new styles to collect immediately (and one we can’t talk about just yet), there’s a ton more options to color Toona Fish your way!
The final style is the Cube Queen style which is also this season’s secret skin. However, this update did not reveal the secret skin.
Balance Changes and Bug Fixes
As always, the Fortnite v18.10 patch notes include a series of bug fixes, but Epic Games has also made some balance changes. These will make rounds fairer during the late game by disabling slipstreams. Here are all of the balance changes and bug fixes:
- Slipstreams will disable at the final Storm circle in core playlists.
- Slipstreams will disable at phase 5 of the Storm in competitive playlists.
- Chug Cannons are no longer available from Loot Llamas. In the Chug Cannons’ place are the spicy Chili Chug Splashes.
- In competitive playlists, Sideways Anomalies will despawn earlier than they did previously.
- The Rail Gun has been removed from competitive playlists.
- Fixed an issue involving vehicles taking heavy damage when colliding with Mothership wreckage pieces.
- Donation Boards displaying items in English even when another language was selected has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue involving voice chat on Nintendo Switch not connecting to party chat after the player left and rejoined the party.