CBSE Compartment Exam 2020 Application Form – Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the compartment application form for class 10th and 12th. It has been released online at cbse.nic.in. The private candidates can apply online directly at CBSE’s official website whereas for the regular candidates, their respective schools will need to submit the LOC online. Candidates whose name is in the LOC only will be allowed to appear for the CBSE compartment exam 2020. Last date to submit the LOC application form is August 20, 2020, whereas, with a late fee, the form can be submitted from August 21 to 22, 2020. Check more details on CBSE compartment exam 2020 application form from this page.
Latest: CBSE compartment& optional exam 2020 form released for class 10th and 12th. Apply from the direct link below.
CBSE Compartment Exam 2020 Application Form
Subscribe For Result Alert!
CBSE is going to conduct the compartment exams 2020 in the September month. Students must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the compartment exam. Check the schedule for CBSE compartment application form 2020 from the table below.
|CBSE compartment exam 2020 Application Form||Important Dates|
|Compartment form date for regular & private candidates (without late fee)||13-20 Aug 2020|
|Form date for regular & private candidates (with late fee)||21-22 Aug 2020|
Click here to fill CBSE compartment and optional exam form for Private candidates.
Click here to fill LOC online form for compartment & optional exam.
CBSE Compartment Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfil the following eligibility criteria can apply for the compartment exam for class 10th & 12th. Students can check the same below.
Eligibility Criteria for class 10th
- Regular candidates who are declared under COMPARTMENT are eligible to apply in one or two subjects in which placed in the compartment. OR
- Candidates who have been declared as ‘Pass’ after replacement of a compulsory subject by skill subject (taken as 6th optional) are eligible to appear in the failed subject under improvement of the performance category. OR
- Candidates punished under Category 1 of UFM wherein their current examination of the subject has been cancelled and they have been allowed to appear in Compartment examination.
Eligibility Criteria for class 12th
- Students who appeared in February/March 2020 exam through schools affiliated to the Board and declared as ‘Compartment’ are eligible to appear for compartment exam in one subject in which they are placed in. OR
- Students who got compartment exam in two subjects can apply for the compartment exam shall appear in any one of the two subjects. OR
- Students who appeared in 6 subjects and declared Pass but could not clear one subject can appear in that subject in September 2020 exam under “Improvement of Performance” category. OR
- Those who have been placed under the Category 1 of UFM wherein their current examination of the subject has been cancelled and they have been allowed to appear in Compartment examination.
Category for Private candidates
Only the following category of candidates would be eligible to appear for the compartment exam as Private candidates:
- Students who appeared in March 2019 in all subjects either as Regular or Private candidate and result declared as COMPARTMENT, also could not pass in July 2019 (1st Chance) and February/March 2020 (2nd Chance) exam, all such candidates will be eligible to apply only as Private Candidates for 3rd chance Compartment examination to be held in September 2020.
- Students who appeared in March 2019 in all subjects either as Regular or Private candidate and result declared as COMPARTMENT, also could not pass in July 2019 (1st Chance). However, they could not appear for Feb/Mar 2020 exam (2nd chance) as the exams got postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic. All such candidates shall also have to apply again for the compartment exam.
- Class 12th students who applied for the improvement of performance as private candidates in the subjects for which examination was scheduled from July 1 to 15 and their result has been declared as ‘NC’ in the subject concerned.
- Students of class 12th who have appeared as a private candidate in 6 subjects in February/March 2020 exam and declared PASS but could not clear one subject can appear under the Improvement of the Performance category.
- Class 10th students who had applied for appearing in an Additional Subject in the subjects Computer Applications (Code 165) and Information and Communication Technology (Code 166) which was scheduled to be held on March 20, 2020, but the exam in the subjects were cancelled.
- Class 10th and 12th students who have been placed under Category 1 of UFM are also allowed to appear for the compartment exam.
CBSE Compartment Exam 2020 Application Fee
To submit the application form for CBSE compartment exam 2020, students will need to pay the follow amount of application fee:
|Fee slab||Schools in India||Schools outside India|
|With normal fee||Rs. 300/- Per subject||Rs. 2000/- Per subject|
|With late fee||Rs.2000/- (in addition to Fee prescribed)||Rs.2000/- (in addition to Fee prescribed)|
Note: Candidates of Class 12th who had applied for Improvement of Performance as regular candidates in the subjects for which examination was scheduled from July 1 to 15 and their result has been declared as ‘NC’ in the subject concerned are exempted from paying the application fee.
Mode of payment: Students can pay the above-given amount of application fee by either of the following modes:
- In India – Debit Card / Credit Card / NEFT/ RTGS.
- Outside India – Debit Card / Credit Card / SWIFT
How to Fill CBSE Compartment Exam as Regular Candidate?
Regular candidates will need to apply for class 10th/ 12th compartment exams through schools. This means that their respective schools will need to submit the LOC form online and only those candidates whose name is submitted through the online process shall be allowed to appear for the examinations proposed to be conducted in September 2020. To apply for LOC, schools will need to do the following:
- Using the school login, generate the list of the candidates placed in the compartment.
- Next, select the roll number and subject of candidates who wish to appear in Compartment exam.
- After this finalise the selection done and write down the ‘application id’ generated.
- Finally, proceed to make the payment online.
- Once the payment is done, enter the roll number of the candidates desirous of appearing for the optional examination.
- Lastly, generate the final list of the candidates for keeping in the record in the school.
How to Fill CBSE Compartment Exam Form 2020 as Private Candidates?
To apply for the compartment exam online, students may follow the instructions as provided online.
Step 1: Click on the direct link provided on this page to apply online.
Step 2: Next, the students will need to enter details like their roll number, 5-digit school number, centre number and select exam year.
Step 3: Click on the ‘proceed’ button to submit the login details.
Step 4: Next, you will need to upload the scanned copy of Photo and Signature image using “Upload Image” option.
Step 5: Finally, proceed to pay the required amount of application fee.
Step 6: Lastly, go to “Generate Confirmation Page” option to generate the confirmation page.
CBSE 10th, 12th Optional Exam 2020
The board is going to conduct the optional exam 2020 in the month of September along with the compartment exam. The exam dates will be announced soon. CBSE optional exams are being conducted for the candidates who wish to to improve their performance. The marks obtained by a candidate in these optional examinations is going to be treated as final for those who have opted to take these examinations. To apply for the optional exam, regular candidates will need to apply through their school whereas private candidates will need to apply online.
Important Downloads for CBSE Compartment & Optional Exam 2020
Students can download the important notices regarding compartment and optional exam for class 10th, 12th from below.
- Click here to download notice for submission of Compartment Form by Private Candidates for Class 10th and 12th.
- Click here to download notice for Regular Candidates for CBSE Optional Exam 2020.
- Click here to download notice for Private Candidates for CBSE Optional Exam 2020.
- Click here to download notice for submission of Compartment Form by regular candidates for Class 10th and 12th.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.